What's new
AI Arts Forum :: Talking about Generative AI Art Tools

Whether you're already in love with Generative AI, just getting started, or wanting to learn more, you're in the right place!

Register for a FREE account today and join the conversation.

New to AI and requesting assistance in rendering

persius07

Hello.
I just recently (within the past week) started to experiment with AI illustrations. I'm currently using Leonardo. Now, in case somebody is curious as to why this site as opposed to say, oh, Midjourney, well, I did start with MJ but for some reason they no longer offer a free trial and Leonardo does. Then again, at this point I just want to learn before committing financially to a specific site.

Ok, to my point. After a week of trial and error I finally rendered out an illustration that I am very pleased with. Now that I have this illustration, two questions come to mind that I have no answer to.
1. Is there a way to take this illustration and re-render it at a higher resolution? currently the res is, 1408 x 704 pixels.

2. I watch various AI tutorials on youtube and I must state that currently most of them are somewhat confusing for me to watch in the sense that they are not very accurate with their instructions. In one video the "instructor" states that if you wish to render out an image to be printed for framing, you need to ensure that it's set to 300 DPI but he doesn't explain how to do this. As an example. I wish to print out a copy at 36 x 24 inches (poster size). What settings do I need to input for my image to be high detailed at that size, AND, to have a resolution of 300 Dpi?

I would appreciate hearing back from anybody who has experience in this area.

Thank you.

Hi and welcome! So the answer is... maybe.

If you need it upscaled and everything *exactly* as it is but just bigger, you're going to have to deal with photoshop etc. Just resize and set the DPI. It might not be brilliant but it will be better. And its still your exact image.

If you don't mind if it gets "imagined" slightly I would look into some of the AI upscalers out there. just search for 'ai upscalers' and that should get you started.

I don't really use them much, but for one image a lot of those have a decent enough trial or daily limit. At super high pixel resolutions (like your 36x24@300**) ... You'd just have to play around and find what works. I use stable diffusion on rundiffusion.com and batch them out that way,

**You're NOT going to get one of the upscalers to spit out an image at that size (36x24@300), though. They will only give you maybe 8k or 4k pixels max. It will still need to be resized with a decent program like photoshop. Unless I'm behind the curve which is very possible.

Back