What's new
AI Arts Forum :: Talking about Generative AI Art Tools

Whether you're already in love with Generative AI, just getting started, or wanting to learn more, you're in the right place!

Register for a FREE account today and join the conversation.

RunwayML Introducing Gen-3 Alpha

ripptechlabs

Administrator
Staff member
(a couple weeks late but apparently its just now getting into release....)

"A new frontier for high-fidelity, controllable video generation."

Gen-3 Alpha is the first of an upcoming series of models trained by Runway on a new infrastructure built for large-scale multimodal training. It is a major improvement in fidelity, consistency, and motion over Gen-2, and a step towards building General World Models.

Trained jointly on videos and images, Gen-3 Alpha will power Runway's Text to Video, Image to Video and Text to Image tools, existing control modes such as Motion Brush, Advanced Camera Controls, Director Mode as well as upcoming tools for more fine-grained control over structure, style, and motion.

Gen-3 Alpha will be released with a new set of safeguards, including our new and improved in-house visual moderation system and C2PA provenance standards.

Fine-grained temporal control
Gen-3 Alpha has been trained with highly descriptive, temporally dense captions, enabling imaginative transitions and precise key-framing of elements in the scene.

Photorealistic Humans
Gen-3 Alpha excels at generating expressive human characters with a wide range of actions, gestures, and emotions, unlocking new storytelling opportunities.

For artists, by artists
Training Gen-3 Alpha was a collaborative effort from a cross-disciplinary team of research scientists, engineers, and artists. It was designed to interpret a wide range of styles and cinematic terminology.

Industry Customization
As part of the family of Gen-3 models, we have been collaborating and partnering with leading entertainment and media organizations to create custom versions of Gen-3.
Customization of Gen-3 models allows for more stylistically controlled and consistent characters, and targets specific artistic and narrative requirements, among other features.

Although from what I saw here:

It doesn't really do that great a job with people, having the same morphing issues, etc. but we'll see I guess. I am not a paid runway sub so I personally have not had a chance to mess around with it yet.

Back